Reviewer Competing Interest Guidelines
Reviewers should decline the invitation to review if they have a competing interest/conflict of interest with the submission.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Holding a position in the same institution as the authors
- Seeking employment at the same institution as the authors
- Have ownership in equity or enterprise that would benefit from the publication
- Would directly/indirectly receive income as a result of the publication
- Author is a family member, professional/business partner, or former Ph.D. student
- Author is collaborator in past 48 months
- Author is co-editor in past 24 months
Reviewers should report a competing interest/conflict of interest if a reasonable person with all relevant facts would question their impartiality.